My friend Elise Matthesen was creeped upon at a recent convention by someone of some influence in the genre; she decided that she was going to do something about it and reported the person for sexual harassment, both to the convention and to the person's employer. And now she's telling you how she did it and what the process is like.
The Backup Ribbon Project
The Backup Ribbon Project is a fan-run project to allow fans to back up each other at science fiction conventions and other geek gatherings. We distribute bright purple ribbons that say BACKUP in large friendly letters.
If you take a ribbon and wear it at a con or other geek gathering, you are agreeing that if you see a fellow fan being harassed, you will find a way to help.
We do not judge. We do not make exceptions. We got your back.
- A great how-to guide from Jim Hines. fb.me/319vw4jpa 1 week ago
- SF/F Convention Harassment Policy Starter Kit - s.shr.lc/1jcqNTb via @jimchines A great how-to guide from @jimchines 1 week ago
- So what are your thoughts on this? fb.me/2xf6Mm3wo 1 week ago
- Ed Kramer pleads guilty. Thoughts? gwinnettdailypost.com/news/2013/dec/… 1 week ago
- A Followup to Slave Leo fb.me/1058Z4KXN 1 week ago